Thursday, February 13, 2014

New Postac Blogs?

Hello loyal readers...

Since I've been basically MIA for the last year or so, I am SURE that I have missed quite a few postacademic blogs that appeared during my website-co-building, e-book co-editing, non-blogging exile. I used to watch my blog stats like a hawk, noticing who would link to me and plugging the best blogs over here as soon as I noticed them. But as you may have noticed, I haven't done that in quite a while. And now that I'm back, I'd like to remedy that.

So if you are writing or have been reading a good postac blog that isn't currently in my blogroll, please leave the URL in comments. (Or email or tweet it to me, if you're more comfortable with that.) I want to make sure that anyone finding this blog will have an updated list of folks who they can turn to for comfort or advice or commiseration or ranting, or whatever it is that you need.

So let me know if there are any blogs I've been missing! Leave a comment on this post now, tomorrow, next week...whenever. I see all new comments as they come in on every post every time I log in, so I will see it no matter if you leave a comment tonight or two years from now. Let me know who you're reading!

......And, you know, if you've been considering starting a blog about your own postacademic transition, now might be a good time. :)

More soon....

2 comments:

  1. Don't see professornever on your blog roll so you might want to check it out–postac perspectives almost ten years after leaving.

    I'm still in the thick of transitioning and might want to do a guest post in a year or so...after the picture becomes clearer. ;) Maybe you'd allow me to guest post? I think many of us are interested in telling our story through a few posts because I don't have the wherewithal or vision for a long term blog. P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JC - I just started a blog myself, figured having 3.5 weeks until my thesis defense was a great time to pick up another hobby! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed yours. Best, Alexis

    ReplyDelete